Part Time On Campus
All NNU students are eligible to apply for work on campus. Students are encouraged to apply for positions of interest by following the directions listed in each posting. Once a student is hired for an on-campus position, she/he must complete the following steps prior to starting work. NO work is to be performed prior to the completion of this process:
- The hiring department/office completes a student employment form and turns it in to HR/Payroll.
- Student receives and responds to email from Zenefits(NNU's HR Information System) -- student will set-up a Zenefits account and upload identification as instructed through the website. You will want to plan ahead and bring the acceptable identification with you to NNU, in order to not delay your hiring process. Here is a list of acceptable documents.
- Student takes same identification uploaded to Zenefits to HR (must be non-expired, original documents).
- Once HR verifies identificaiton, supervisor will be advised of complete onboarding and student can begin work - NO work is to be performed prior to the completion of this step.
- An email from HR will be sent to the student and their supervisor explaining the ADP Registration process so they can register and start time entry. The pay period starts the 16th of each month and ends the 15th of the next month. All hours will need to be entered by the end of the 15th day of the month.
First-time students are encouraged to work no more than 15 hours per week at any job or combination of jobs on campus. If you were hired to work 10 hours per week at the current minimum wage, you could earn approximately $2,200 over the academic year.
Student Intern, Marketing Assistant
The Marketing Assistant will work with the Office of Marketing in reaching its many audiences through various mediums including—but not limited to—social media, press releases, email and print publications. This position requires 12–15 hours per week, and reports to the Marketing Specialist and Web Content Specialist and ultimately the Creative Director of Marketing for Northwest Nazarene University.
- Write and create content for press releases, featured stories, blog posts, marketing emails and social media
- Collect and capture content for social media
- Generate creative ideas for content published in print and on the web
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Have the ability to interact with people of all ages and from different backgrounds
- Have excellent writing skills
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- Good problem solving skills
- Have a working knowledge of social media platforms
- Have a willingness to grow and develop new skills
- Digital photography and design experience is a plus
- You must be a current
- Registered student with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Opens: 12/02/2016
- Closes: 01/31/2017
- Rate of Pay: $7.25 - $8.00
- Hours/Days: 12-15 hours a week
- Type of position: Part Time (On Campus)
- How to apply: Please send application to NNU Office of Marketing at email@example.com
- Employer Name: Northwest Nazarene University
- Employer Phone: 2084678021
- Employer Mailing Address: 623 S. University Blvd.
- Employer Contact: Kendra Lubiens
- Email Address:
- Website: http://www.nnu.edu