Professional internships at Northwest Nazarene University are available to current and recent graduates. Various professional enterprises at NNU provide real-life experiences, on the job training, and personal growth for students as an extension of their education. These internships are directed to the student's career goals. All internships are for credit, but may also have a paid stipend depending on the duties and the department.
All applicants must provide a complete packet (to the contact person identified in the posting) to be considered for any internship which includes:
- Complete resume
- Personal statement of career goals
- Current transcripts (unofficial unless official is requested)
- Minimum of two references who can be contacted
Following the completion of the internship the student must complete an evaluation of the internship.
Marketing Assistant, Student Intern
- The Marketing Assistant will work with the Department of Marketing & Media in reaching its many audiences through various mediums including—but not limited to—social media, press releases, email and print publications.
- This position requires 12–15 hours per week, and reports to the Marketing & Media Specialist and Web Content Specialist and ultimately the Director of Marketing and Media for Northwest Nazarene University.
Skills and Qualifications
- Write and create content for press releases, featured stories, blog posts, marketing emails and social media
- Collect and capture content for social media
- Track and record analytics information for press releases and news articles
- Generate creative ideas for content published in print and on the web
- Other duties as assigned
- Have the ability to interact with people of all ages and from different backgrounds
- Have excellent writing skills
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- Good problem solving skills
- Have a working knowledge of social media platforms
- Have a willingness to grow and develop new skills
- Digital photography and design experience is a plus
- Opens: 02/17/2015
- Closes: 03/03/2015
- Rate of Pay: 7.25
- Hours/Days: 12-15 hours/week, scheduled around class schedule
- Type of position: Internships (On Campus)
- How to apply: Interested students should submit their resume, cover letter and 2–3 writing samples displaying different styles of writing to the Office of Marketing & Media at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person. You must be a current, registered student with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Employer Name: NNU Office of Marketing and Media
- Employer Phone: 208-467-8035
- Employer Mailing Address: Northwest Nazarene University
- Employer Contact: Melissa Smith
- Email Address:
- Website: http://nnu.edu/marketing